I can't believe my little girl turned 9. Last night as I fell asleep, I thought all about how she came into our lives. My heart went out to her birth mother, Emily. I hope she can feel how much we love her. When I think about my daughter and all the miracles that occurred for her to become part of our family, I realize that I should never take being a mother for granted. It reminds me of the confidence her birth mother put in me to raise Audrey right and give her all the love I can every day. It makes me want to be a better person and a better mother. I am so grateful to be Audrey's mother. I have been given an amazing gift.

Audrey wanted a garden party, so we made a mud and dirt cake that she could serve with a small garden spade. Of course there are worms hidden in the "dirt."

She was so happy that her birthday was on a Family Dinner Sunday. She had fun celebrating with her cousins. They pretended the swing was a roller coaster ride.
As she kissed me goodnight, she said she had a wonderful day. Which made my day wonderful too.
Happy Belated Birthday, Audrey! Sounds like a fun way to celebrate -- though I've gotta say that the cake does not look appetizing to me! =D Love the expressing on her face as she prepares to serve it up.
ReplyDelete