Sunday, October 31, 2010

It's All About the Costumes

I think one of the best parts of Halloween is creating costumes for my family. It's exciting to me to sit down with a picture and a few generic pattern pieces and turn out something that looks just like.... Well this year it was
a cowgirl for Audrey,

Toothless for Ander,

Hiccup for David,

and Astrid for me.


Not to mention with help from my mother and Randy, The Last Air Bender for Randy.


I got started with Ander's costume and stayed up until 2 AM because I was so excited with the way it was turning out. David drew the wings and tail for me and I just had to figure out how to make it all work. Here's the details of Ander's costume from the back.




When you see the details that my whole family does for their costumes, well... you can see why.


This of course is Beletrix LaStrange of Harry Potter Fame. AKA Amber


And Sirius Black, AKA Ronnie. Ronnie carved both wands making them exactly like the originals.


Rob spent the entire month sewing and crafting his and Amy's Thor and a Valkyre costumes.

So as you can see, the costumes in our family get pretty complicated and it's not just for the children. We're pretty crazy adults. But boy do we have fun making our costumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment