Sunday, April 17, 2011

Ander's Third Birthday

I can't believe my little boy is 3! These last three years have been so much fun and have flown by. Since Ander's birthday was on a Sunday this year, we celebrated the night before when his cousins could come to a fun Pirate Party. We decided to have it in one of the rooms in the Library basement. We just seem to fit better there. Also, Ander had been begging to go to the Library for his birthday. :)



Life was crazy that day. I had quilt class, I had to take Audrey to the Thanksgiving Point clogging competition. And I was trying to find time to prepare a lesson for Relief Society. I was also just getting over Bronchitis. So finding time to do everything for Ander's party that night was overwhelming. Luckily my sister Amy and her husband Samm were down for the weekend. My mom offered to bake the cake and then we turned it over to Samm to decorate. I just told him I wanted a pirate map and let him go with it. I think he did a great job. Amy made a cute treasure box that we filled with candy and then hid for the kids to find. With everyone in my family bringing part of the food and lots of help from my mom, we had a very successful 3rd Birthday Pirate Party. 

My sweet little boy was very happy.

1 comment:

  1. The cake and the treasure box both turned out super cute! It IS hard to believe that our babies are 3 now {well, mine ALMOST is ;)} -- where did the time go?! Glad to hear you were able to fit some bday fun into such a crazy weekend. =)

    ReplyDelete